A Day in the Dartmouth Life

Monday, May 01, 2006

Recipe for a Great Night

I feel the need to get this off my chest, so let me go ahead and shout it out. I had a great week! While tons of things come to mind to talk about, I'm going to give you the scoop on one of Dartmouth's best resources, which just happened to be where I spent my Thursday night.

The DOC (a.k.a. Dartmouth Outing Club) has ten cabins all over the state of New Hampshire that any student can rent. A cabin is the perfect way to bring a bunch of friends together for a night away from the hustle and bustle of campus. And on Thursday, we managed to bring 15-20 great people together at a cabin designed for 9. So there weren’t enough beds, oh well! We had all the ingredients for a perfect evening: a campfire, a lake for a late night dip, and a cloudless, star-filled sky.

This set the mood for a memorable night, especially as a part of my Senior Spring. As all of my fellow senior classmates and I are realizing, college has gone by too quickly. That's why a night of slowing down the pace of life and relaxing with some of my amazing peers was so great and we all realized this on some level.

In typical cabin fashion, we had to cram four people on a loft for three people, so I had the privilege of being partially overhanging the loft, which ensured an adventurous night sleeping. And although the departure time was quite early - so that we could get back to campus on Friday morning by 10 - it always feels like such an eventful day when one starts it waking up in a log cabin an hour from campus - especially when you’ve only had half a mattress to sleep on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






_________________________________________
Website currently maintained by Deborah Wassel '07