A Day in the Dartmouth Life

Monday, June 19, 2006

Graduation, Goodbyes, and Reunions

The interim period between spring and summer terms is always an interesting time to be on campus. I've been here for all three in my Dartmouth career, and every time I realize why I love being here.

First, there's Senior Week, which is the week between the end of finals period and Graduation. It's a week of fun, freedom, and goodbyes, which makes it very bittersweet. Since I was away in Washington D.C. during the past spring term, I was particularly busy saying goodbye to all my graduating '06 friends who I hadn't seen in three months.

Then came the actual Commencement, a day which is always sad for those of us whom the graduating seniors leave behind. This year, it was particularly hard to watch - firstly, because I have more friends in the '06 class than any other, and secondly, because now that this year's graduation is over, I'm next! Somehow, being an '07 meant that I would be at Dartmouth forever, but I'm starting to realize that my days here are numbered, and that June 10th, 2007 (my graduation date!) is rapidly approaching.

After my final and sometimes tearful goodbyes, it was time for reunions to begin. One of the best parts about graduating from Dartmouth is that you get to come back pretty often! Every five years, there's a reunion, and this year, the ones and sixes were back (so the classes of 2001, 1996, 1991, 1986, 1981, etc.). That means lots of alumni who are back to relive their college days, show their kids around, or just meet up with old friends. It's really nice to know that I'll always be welcome back at the Big Green, even if it is just for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






_________________________________________
Website currently maintained by Deborah Wassel '07