Dick's House
Dick’s House is the College Health Service center on campus. It is located near the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, and as the name suggests, it is much more homey and cozy than a normal hospital. Dartmouth students go to Dick’s House for medical treatment and they also provide counseling services. I’ve used services from Dick’s House several times so far.
The first time I went to Dick’s House was during the fall of my freshman year, when I was randomly stung by a bee inside Collis Café while waiting for an omelet. It was the first time I was stung by a bee, and I panicked to see my arm swell up. I went over to Dick’s House (if you are unable to walk, Safety and Security, the campus security force, can drive you there), and filled out a personal information sheet. In a few minutes, a doctor was examining my arm. She was so nice, and we had a good conversation while she put some medicine on the bite.
I went the second time to visit my friend who had been staying at Dick’s House for a week because of a bout with severe flu. She shared a room with another flu patient, and all her meals were brought up to her by the nurses. She even had a buzzer she could use if she needed something! My friend, although near suffocation with her stuffed-up nose, was happy to be pampered.
A service from Dick’s House that is really popular is free flu shots. Before the flu goes around, hitting people in this small college town, Dick’s House annually provides free flu vaccination for students, faculty and staff. I got mine last week, and all I had to do was make an appointment online and show up. The nurses gave me information about the flu and the flu shot, and after the shot, they even gave me stickers!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home