Skiing
Despite the freakishly warm temperatures of this weekend, I'm excited to be back on campus and am gearing up for my favorite term at Dartmouth - winter!
As an avid skiier, Dartmouth is one of the best places to be in the winter months. We have our own ski mountain - the Dartmouth Skiway - as well as a great PE skiing program, so even if you don't know how to ski, snowboard, teleski, or nordic ski, we can teach you! I've been working as a ski instructor for the last two winters, and I absolutely love being able to share my passion for the sport with all the newbies.
In addition, we're within an hour radius of most of the major ski resorts in the area. Killington, Mount Snow, Stratton, and Okemo are just a few of the ski areas within reasonable driving distance. Every year, I purchase a student season pass - which is heavily discounted, by the way - and I get to enjoy skiing whenever I please. I'll admit that I even schedule my winter term classes so that I can leave the some days free for skiing!
I'm sad that this is my last winter here at the Big Green - I'm graduating in six short months - but I'm going to enjoy it as fully as possible. I've already been out one day this season, and I'll be on the slopes again later in the week, since thankfully, they're predicting snow again!
6 Comments:
hi! i'm a highschool junior from Puerto Rico and I've been seriously considering Dartmouth. But there's one itsy-bitsy issue...I've never experience cold weather, at least not below 60 degrees, and I've heard that its pretty cold up there. Do you or anyone you know think it's hard to get used to? I know this question may not be so important but i was just wondering since I am seriously considering studying in the states. Thank you for your time---stephanie :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Never having experienced cold weather is definitely not a prerequisite for coming to Dartmouth! One of my close friends (and sophomore year roommate) is a native of Hawaii, and had never even seen snow before she came here. She said that a few days and a good winter coat were all she needed to adjust.
Also, it doesn't really get THAT cold here - it's definitely chillier than Puerto Rico, but it's not exactly Antarctica, either. Usually in the winter it stays in the 30s, which is extremely tolerable after a few days.
Hello. My name is Amanda and I'm considering applying to Dartmouth next year, but I was wondering about the dance program. I've been doing ballet ever since I was little and started to get serious about it in high school. I want to keep it up in college. Are there any dance oppurtunities at Dartmouth? I think I saw on the website once that you have a dance team.
-Amanda
Are four years of a specific foreign language on your high school transcript mandatory for Dartmouth admission? My school fails to offer the upper level french courses I wish to take- could a local county college substitute the credit?
Amanda - we do have several options to get involved with dance here at Dartmouth. There's the Dartmouth Dance Ensemble - you can find more information at < http://hop.dartmouth.edu/ensembles/dance-ensemble.html >. In addition, there are a number of student-run dance groups that span a variety of styles.
Anna - we don't have any mandatory classes for admission to Dartmouth. We understand that not every high school has the same course offering - just take the most challenging courses you can at your high school.
Post a Comment
<< Home