Snow Day!
Ahhh.....the joys of a major snowstorm. Just like you might have in high school (for those of you from the Northeast, at least, like myself), we have a snow day today at Dartmouth! President Wright blitzed out to the whole campus early this morning to say that everything at the college would be closed, and both of my professors sent the classes blitzes (e-mails) as well to tell us that we didn't have class. In fact, my engineering prof basically wrote, "I don't want to leave my house, you probably don't want to leave your dorms, so let's make everyone happy and not have class today!"
So what am I going to do today? Everything on campus (and probably within Hanover as well) is closed with the exception of the dining facilities, and while eating all day long is certainly tempting, it's probably not the best idea. I could study for my upcoming econ midterm, but as is the art of any college student, I'm procrastinating and writing this blog post instead. So as I stare out the window, watching the blizzard, I'm considering going sleigh riding on the golf course. The golf course has a bunch of really great hills for sleigh riding, and my friends and I bought a sled at the hardware store in town last week, so it seems like an appealing option for this afternoon.
Either way, I'm going to enjoy the fact that I get to relax today and get a break from my busy week.
1 Comments:
Haha, a nice classic post! I hope I'll get to see what winter is like in Dartmouth next year. Thanks for updating, Cory!
Post a Comment
<< Home