Old Dartmouth?
Not being a freshman anymore is a funny feeling. Although I had missed Dartmouth to death over the summer, I had some concerns about coming back to Dartmouth as an upperclassman. Would anything be new? Had I seen all there was to see in Dartmouth? Yes, being a know-it-all upperclassman to the ‘10s might be fun, but as I drove up to the familiar brick buildings of Collis Student Center and Hanover Inn, I was worried that things might have gotten ‘old’.
Well, its three weeks into fall term and I have to laugh at myself for thinking up such nonsense.
For one thing, I have new roommates! I am living in a two-room triple with two other ’09 girls. We weren’t friends before – only acquaintances – but sharing a room has definitely brought us closer together. I had a three-room double last year, so I had concerns about sharing spaces, but now, I can’t imagine living without my roommates. Many people choose to room with their friends, but ‘random roommates’ like mine can turnout to be a great chance to form new friendships.
Also, there are new activities and opportunities! The great thing about Dartmouth is that because of the D-Plan, organizations and clubs are always looking for new people to take the places of the ones who are off this term or away on a L.S.A. (Language Study Abroad) or F.S.P (Foreign Study Program). This makes it easy to quickly get involved in the organizations and projects of your interest, without always feeling like the insignificant new kid. My friends and I are even trying radio DJing this term, something we have no prior experience in (Dartmouth even lets you spread your horrible taste in music...).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home